Faculty of Psychology, Pedagogy and Culture
Faculty of Psychology, Pedagogy and Culture is –
- professionalism, high scientific potential of teachers, their sense of purpose and pedagogical optimism;
- enthusiasm, restlessness, creativity, energy and ardor of students;
- joint educational, scientific, socially-oriented and cultural-leisure activities of teachers and students;
- faculty, open to society: international projects and foreign internships, interaction and cooperation with the universities of the country and various institutions, organizations and enterprises of the East Kazakhstan region.
The faculty is formed in 1958. Since that time it was made a huge contribution to the training of specialists for the education system of the East Kazakhstan region and the city of Ust-Kamenogorsk. During long period of time it was not only one faculty which preparing specialists for institutions of education but also authoritative scientific center.
The faculty is famous for victories of its students in various international, republican competitions and the Olympiads.
In recent years, the most significant achievements are the following: the choir of the specialty "Musical Education" took 1st place at the International Internet Festival of Choral Art (Moscow), 2nd place at the international festival in Aktobe; laureate of the international competition "Teacher of Music of the XXI Century" (Almaty). In 2013 the team of the specialty "Preschool education and upbringing" took 1st place in Kokshetau, in 2014 the team of the specialty "Pedagogy and methods of primary education" took the third place in the republican Olympiad in Turkistan. In February 2015 students of the specialty "Physical Culture and Sport" took part in the XXVII World Winter Universiade, which was held in Spain and where they won silver medals. In April 2015, the 2nd year students of the RK team won the gold medals of the World Hockey Championship (Poland, Krakow). Also in 2015, the men's team of the students of the faculty won bronze medals at the Summer Universiade of the universities of the Republic of Kazakhstan on beach and classical volleyball. In February 2016, students of the specialty "Physical Culture and Sports" took two teams in the Alpine Skiing and Snowboard Competitions, and the third place in the ice hockey competitions at the winter Universiade of higher educational institutions of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
There are 5 departments in the faculty:
- Pedagogical education and management - head of a chair, Cand. Sc. Education Radchenko.N.N
- Psychology and correctional pedagogy - head of chair Cand. Sc. Psychology assistant professor Stelmakh.S.A
- Music education - head of a chair, Cand. Sc. Philology Muzhchil.M.D
- Theory and methods of physical training and sport - acting as head of chair Goncharova M.S
- Elementary military training - acting as head of chair lieutenant-colonel in retirement Suntsov V.V